The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Update

After the G24 I took a couple of weeks off running, I had no choice with blistered feet and swollen toes.  It was the start of a downward slide into lethargy, lack of motivation and weight gain.
I planned to restart running early weekday mornings, 3 miles before breakfast.  It's been a long time since I've trained first thing in the morning and it showed.  I groggily managed the first two mornings before dropping this and running at lunch time on the third day.  On the fourth day I didn't run at all and couldn't be bothered for the rest of the week.

Another week and a fresh start I thought but all I could muster was a couple of lunchtime outings and a weekend 'long' run of five miles, a weekly grand total of 11 miles!  This week has not been any better with a few lunchtime runs, I just can't muster up the energy for a long run.  I can't understand the lack of interest, I usually embrace autumn and enjoy running in the cooler windy weather.

I toyed with the idea of entering the Jedburgh 3 peaks ultra but being on call that weekend put paid to that plan.  The only event I have before the end of the year is the Fraserburgh half marathon mid November.  I really need to get into gear and do some long runs as I can feel my fitness drop away.

Needless to say, I've postponed my east to west run until next year.  I'm just not fit or motivated enough and realise this challenge will require extensive support from Lynne and Skye.  I'll book a firm date for summer 2015 and look into a motor home for support and crew.

I've ordered a pair of Hoka shoes - the Rapa Nui trail, maybe new shoes will see the return of my running mojo and I'll get a proper autumn run after all.

Week ending 14th Sept  0 miles.
Week ending 21st Sept  0 miles.
Week ending 28th Sept  Mon 3, Tues 3, Wed 3.  Weekly total 9 miles.
Week ending 05th Oct  Tues 3, Wed 3, Sat 5.  Weekly total 11 miles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment