The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Sunday 24 January 2016

Weeks 1,2 and 3

I've browsed various ultra training programs and settled on the "eRunningGuide" for 100 mile first timers.  The deciding factor was running mostly four days a week rather than my usual five.  I'm not being lazy or shirking the effort required for a WHW race, the total mileage is roughly on par with the Ultra Ladies program.  This one is still based on the weekend back to back method and sometimes Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I figured this program would fit in with a busy work schedule, running mostly at the weekend.  It will leave a midweek evening free where I can concentrate on core strength, either at home or in the gym.

With all this in place, I started off on the back foot with a shortage of miles on the first two weeks. Adverse weather cut short a six miler where ice skates would have been more suitable than running shoes (I don't own a set of spikes), common sense made me return home before I injured myself.         A busy schedule did it's best to upset my plans, succeeding in week two but a 13 mile Saturday and Sunday means this weeks target has been met.

My latest purchase is a pair of Saucony Xodus 6 trail shoes, it's been a long time since I've worn shoes other than Hokas.  With such an aggressive tread, I'll report on these when I get onto some proper trails.

Week ending Jan 10th - Tues 3, Thurs 3, Sat 12.  Weekly total 18 miles.
Week ending Jan 17th - Tues 3, Thurs 3, Sat 15, Sun 3.  Weekly total 24 miles.
Tues 3, Sat 13, Sun 13.  Weekly total 29 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment