The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Monday 8 February 2016

Weeks 4 & 5

I'm struggling to match the training program.  Week four was okay, a 20 mile long run meant only one mile under the total.  Last week was supposed to be a fairly easy week but I managed to make a meal of it.  A week totalling 28 didn't start well, I just couldn't be bothered with the Tuesday three.   A dismal run home from work (only 3 miles) in the pouring rain dodging vehicles in the dark wasn't the best run I've had.

Things didn't improve at the weekend where I just couldn't fit in a long run.  In the end I settled for three short runs but just couldn't make it out for a fourth, settling for some core strength exercises instead.

I think I'm bored of the cold, dark and all too familiar local roads which have been my training ground this winter.  I think it's time to find a different training area, if I can be bothered.

Week ending 31st Jan - Tues 5, Thurs 5, Sat 20.  Weekly total 30 miles.
Thurs 3, Sat 4 & 5, Sun 7.  Weekly total 19 miles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment