The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Sunday 20 March 2016

Week 11

For the time being I have no car.  This is a good thing as I work only three miles from my house. Lynne drops me off in the morning and I run home after work.  This forces me to do the midweek miles regardless of the weather.

I opted for an urban long run this weekend, a 24 mile circular route round Aberdeen.  I could have headed for the hills but decided on a relatively flat session after the D33 last week.  Once again I ran out of steam half way through the run, it didn't finish very well with me walk / running back to Bucksburn.  I don't think I am as fit as I should be, once I get to the latter stages of a long run my heart rate tends to rise significantly.

Although I'm not doing the double Cateran this year, I am heading out for a night training run next week.  I still need my Cateran fix and experience the awe-sum Perthshire hills at night.

Mon 3, Tues 3, Wed 3, Thurs 3, Fri 3, Sat 24, Sun 2.  Weekly total 41 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment