The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Five Peaks

The "training" last week was rubbish. It was so bad I wasn't going to bother with a post this week but then decided I'd better blog the negative stuff as well as the positive. Fourteen miles, that was last weeks total despite being injury free. I entered and paid for another two ultras last week, even this didn't spark the interest to put in some higher miles. I'm clinging on to "ultra fitness" by my finger tips. I'm a plodder at the best of times but feel like I'm losing fitness week by week, eventually questioning whether enough has been done to complete an ultra comfortably.

An idea came to me a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to invent my own personal ultra, a run I can take on  mid winter or complete if my schedule allows during summer. I've studied google satellite maps and think I can come up with something mostly off road and fairly local.  This weekend I'll ask Coach to drop me off west of Cairn William where I will make my way to Bennachie before following the Gordon Way. From Suie Car Park I think I can run a lot of forest tracks heading for Tap O Noth. I'll have to wing it and see how to get onto the hill from the direction I'm approaching, I'll try to keep off the roads as much as possible.
The finish will be the summit of Tap O Noth where I'll call Coach and request a lift. I'm not sure how I'll get on with the lack of training lately but I'm up for a wee challenge to help get back on track.

Wed 6 miles  Thurs 8 miles  Weekly total 14 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment