The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Plummet

A later than usual post from me, I thought I'd better get something logged, an attempt to try and raise the running spirits and get some higher miles in. I've no excuse for the lack of mileage, physically I'm ready to go but mentally can't be bothered. This morning I set the alarm for an early morning run but ignored it and didn't go. I'll put the lack of enthusiasm down to the rubbish weather we've been getting.

I did manage to get out on Saturday, full winter kit and off to the trusty Braes of Gight in the pouring rain. The trails were lush and overgrown, tall riverside reed beds meant I had to walk with my arms held above my head, I was well drookit by the time I got back to the car.

On the plus side, I've introduced my wife and daughter to the delights of off road running. We were all at the Braes in more favourable weather conditions last week where they both enjoyed a bit of trail running.

Once again I'll set my alarm early tomorrow morning, hopefully the motivation will be there to get up and do some miles.

Saturday 8 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment