The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Vieussan

Its difficult to fit running around a family holiday, particularly when the climate is hot. I squeezed an evening run in even though the temperature was still over 30 deg. I stayed in the valley this time, crossing the Orb to Vieussan, a picturesque village perched on the hillside with a dramatic back drop where a trail hugs the side of the mountain.
 A view of the destination from our terrace.



 Cross the Orb on a concrete footbridge.

 Cross the road and up past the town house.



 Up the hill and through alleyways of Vieussan.

The trail is quite hard to find at the village.







 Brilliant views of the Orb valley.

 I had to carefully negotiate the scree slope as I didn't want rocks to fall on the road far below.

 This was a quick run so I turned around at a forest on the hillside.
 A view of the road below and the footbridge I crossed earlier.

 On the return I cross a road bridge over the Orb.

Back up the other side and one of my favourite views of Vieussan.

Soon we leave the mountains for the Mediterranean coast where I hope to get one more run done before heading home.


No comments:

Post a Comment