The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Sunday 27 January 2013

Red Moon Rising

My busy weekend has been postponed till next week so quite a leisurely Saturday and Sunday for me. Saturdays long run, if you can call it that, was just 10 miles.  Lynne and Skye decided to go swimming so I parked the car in Ellon, agreed to meet back at the car at four thirty and followed the circular footpath. It was three o'clock so 10 miles in 1 1/2 hours was going to be a tall order, particularly with the ice under foot. The footpath was well trodden which made it very slippery so I headed down to the river and made my way to the disused railway. The path here improved slightly, still well used but not enough to turn to ice. A flat disused railway line isn't exactly hill work training required for the whw race but it was quite hard work running through the snow. I ran South until near enough Undy Station, turned and made my way back to Ellon as the light faded. On the way back I was treated to a spectacular moon rise, I took a few pictures but the smart phone just didn't do it justice. I'm going to have to invest in a new camera by the looks of it.






 It was dark by the time I got back to Ellon, half an hour late, much to the annoyance of Coach and daughter - oops!

Next weekend is the busy one and with 32 miles to run in two days I'm going to have to adjust the training program. 18 miles midweek will be split over Tuesday and Wednesday. The 20 mile long run will have to be done Friday morning before work. Usually I do this around Aberdeen but I'm toying with the idea of running from my house to work, something I haven't done before.

Wed 4 miles Thurs 3 miles Fri 3 miles Sat 10 miles Sun 8 miles  Weekly total 28 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment