The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Monday 25 February 2013

A glutton for monotony

Apologies for the negative post but I need to log the bad as well as the good. I just can't get into training at the moment. I am doing the miles but it feels like a chore. I have no spark and seem to be dreading the higher distances the program will soon demand. It was recovery week last week, the lower miles should have allowed me to recharge the batteries, ready to up the distance but it doesn't feel like it. I'm struggling to fit the runs into a busy schedule and it's such a relief to complete even the shortest of runs. I'm getting a pep talk from coach as I write this who advises me to take a week off. With a 25 mile long run to do this weekend and a night out on Saturday it looks like I will run into work on Friday morning because I'm a stubborn old git who refuses to listen to coach.

Tues 2 miles Wed 4 miles Thurs 6 miles Sat 10 miles Sun 8 miles  Weekly total 30 miles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment