The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Monday 23 April 2012

14th week done.

I intended doing some hill walking over the weekend as part of my Fling taper. This didn't materialise due to work commitments, in fact I did not get out on Saturday at all. I did manage to squeeze in a 10 mile run on Sunday at the Braes. The trails were thick mud after heavy rain lately, made even worse by getting churned up by mountain bikes. It was an average run, the last one before this weekends race. I was not going to push myself or do anything stupid at this stage, so I took my time and enjoyed the scenery.

This week I will get in a hill walk up Bennachie, probably Wednesday evening after work and thats it, no more running until Saturday 7 am at Milngavie. I still have to get organised, buy and pack the food, pack my kit (including wet weather by the looks of it) and focus on the race. I can't believe the Fling is almost here, I am a wee bit apprehensive.

Good luck to everyone taking part in the Highland Fling and I look forward chatting to runners on Saturday.

Sun 10.11 miles 1.43.14  Weekly total 31 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment