The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Thursday 17 May 2012

Cattle Thieves

It's almost time to hit the Cateran Trail once more. Let's follow the old drove roads of cattle rustlers and thieves, through farmland, picturesque glens and up into the hills.

I am going to travel to the Spittal of Glenshee and do the Cateran Ultra this weekend. My ankle has settled down and physically I don't feel too bad. I'm a wee bit disorganised as I still have to pack and make up drop bags, even though I'm doing this blog at the back of eleven. I won't have support for this run as Coach is working on Saturday, so fingers crossed I'll get through without issues.

Saturday morning will be an 0430 departure from New Deer to make race check-in and start at seven. This will be after a wedding reception on the Friday evening.

I have a wee trend going on with the Ultra races i've run. Although no trail blazer and always nearer the back of the field, I have improved on my previous finish times at both the D33 and Fling.

Now, do I dare to put the pressure on and try to continue the trend? Or do I once again just enjoy the occasion, after all, it's only numbers at the end of the day.

Either way, I must finish injury free and ready to taper for the big one in June.

Tues 5 miles  Thurs 3 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment