The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Thursday 26 January 2012

Rural Training

Running on country roads should escape the pollution encountered in urban areas but this is not the case. An early morning run often involves inhalation of diesel engine fumes as van drivers pass by on their commute to work. On cold frosty mornings chimney smoke does not rise into the air but stays low creating a haze which you have to run through. Then you have the real country odour of muck spreading. Maybe running with a head torch heightened my sense of smell. I struggled to get up for training this week, leaving it as late as possible before forcing myself out. I need a change of scenery so I'll have to think of somewhere to put in the 15 miler on Sunday. TUES 4.05 miles 37.56 WED 6.96 miles 1.05.39 THURS 4.01 miles 36.55

No comments:

Post a Comment