The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Zip A Dee Doo Dah Zip A Dee Ay

Three miles / Five Kilometers / 30 minutes / half an hour. Call it what you like but I'm back running. Went out at lunch time today for an easy run and returned pain free.
Had the usual paranoia all runners must have when trying to shake off injury, worried every niggle or twinge could be the condition coming back. I have to resist the temptation to build the milage too much too soon so I will take tomorrow off and do three miles on Thursday. If all goes well I aim to do a longer run at the weekend then begin the ultra training plan next week. Fingers crossed.

The Brooks Radius range has always been my choice of road shoe. I decided to treat myself to a new pair and attempted to buy my usual size 9's on Ebay.
I couldn't understand why the only choices available were size 11, 12 or the womens range. After doing some research on google I found out why. The Radius shoe was discontinued some years ago. Blast! I did not want to attempt any other shoe knowing the Radius works so well for me so it was back to google to search for a stockist.
Run and Become came up trumps with a size 9 1/2 for £40, a bargain which I quickly snapped up.

Another purchase I made was a Soleus GPS watch which arrived tonight. This is a basic watch which gives you time, splits, distance, speed and calories burned. All for under £100. The only down side is you cannot download the data to a computer, despite charging through the USB. Can't wait to try it out on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment