The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Sunday 5 February 2012

3rd week done

Needless to say, a night out knocking back drams does not go hand in hand with training the next day. Seven miles were on the cards today so I arranged to meet my youngest brother for the run. He will play a part in supporting me at the whw so this was his first run of the year. Feeling a bit groggy, I was glad we were running / walking at a slow pace. Part of our run took in the riverside path between Grandholm and Persley Bridge, the trail alongside the Don is one of my favourite city routes.

What a difference a day makes, today was beautiful and mild, yesterday I did two laps of my usual country roads in horizontal sleet. I splashed out on a few i tunes songs before heading out with my mp3 player, one of which is the brilliant "Foolish Games" by Jewel. The emotion she puts accross in this song is incredible, especially when listened through ear phones.
SAT 11 miles SUN 7 miles  Weekly total 33 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment