The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Thursday 16 February 2012

Kirkhill Forest

I did the usual road running early on Tuesday and Wednesday morning so it was good to get a change of scenery this evening. Kirkhill Forest is on the outskirts of Aberdeen and described as the green lung of the city. The trails are used by cyclists, walkers and horse riders, it also has an orienteering course. I can run to the forest from work in 15 minutes which makes it a handy training ground. I run this course with a workmate who is a good pacemaker, making it a quicker run than if I was on my own. I need to invest in a decent head torch as my cheap one is just not up to the task of lighting up muddy offroad trails.

Work commitments and another Saturday night out means shifting the training programme. I will do 18 miles in Aberdeen tomorrow night straight after work. I'm looking forward to this urban run and intend taking my compact camera and Gorilla tripod to get some night shots.

Tues 5.25 miles 48.35  Wed 8.33 miles 1.17.09  Thurs 6.05 miles 58.41

No comments:

Post a Comment