The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Sunday 26 February 2012

6th week done










I went to the coast on Saturday. Pennan was unusually quiet, devoid of tourists so parking was no problem. The 4.5 mile trail to New Aberdour beach does not follow the coast but heads inland over farmland and tracks. From the car park I ran along the seafront past the famous phone box. At the far end the track goes uphill and through a large field. It's well signposted from here, crossing a couple of stiles and passing through some gates. Its quite scenic running through the rolling countryside and there was not another person to be seen. New Aberdour beach is also quiet, only one camper van and a few cars. This is a busy camping destination during the summer. I pass the car park and run to red sandstone arches carved by the sea, this is where the trail ends but I need to do more miles. Through another field I head inland and join a single track road which heads toward Fraserburgh. This road is like a roller coaster which is good hill work during this outing. Aware I am road running with trail shoes, I turn round after a couple of miles and retrace my steps taking in some hill work on the sand dunes on the way back.

Another heavy Saturday night out, a four mile family walk and a bar supper at the Red Garth meant a stodgy 8 mile run had to be squeezed in tonight.
No music this week but I have started to listen to the excellent WHW podcasts.
SAT 12 miles  SUN 8 miles  Weekly Total 36 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment