The Deer Runner

The Deer Runner

Thursday 9 February 2012

Physio

The voucher sat on my works desk for a couple of weeks. Bought and e-mailed through from my wife, she knew what I needed to do and kept advising me to use it. She was probably fed up listening to me moaning and complaining about injury. I was stubborn and made excuses not to book an appointment, although the voucher was only valid during work hours making it difficult to attend.

So I had my first ever physio appointment on Tuesday morning. ASIC have a room at Bannatynes Bridge of Don where I was assessed. Although my leg had improved a lot, I wanted to know what was causing the problems. Tight hamstrings, a tight IT band and a clicking knee cap were diagnosed after a thorough examination. I now have exercises to do three times a day, don't know how I will fit that around my running schedule.

I did not get up early for the 8 miles on Wednesday, so it had to be an evening run. I went in past Haddo Estate on the way home from work were the car park was deserted. I had the whole estate to myself which is how I like it. The run was very eerie, bare frosty branches reaching into the glow of my head torch as owls called to each other in the still of the night. On more than one occasion eyes reflected back from the woods, watching as I tried to identify what kind of animal they were. For some reason my pace seemed to be a bit quicker on this run.
Tues 4 miles 38.14  Wed 8.09 miles 1.17.33  Thurs 4 miles

2 comments:

  1. Physio - Professional experienced physiotherapists in Howick Recreation Centre. General and sports physiotherapy including sports massage. Call us today.Physio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Physio - Professional experienced physiotherapists in Howick Recreation Centre. General and sports physiotherapy including sports massage.physio

    ReplyDelete